Today on Mix It Up Monday we have an excellent post by a fellow LDRBN blogger, Tammy about staying safe with internet friendships. If you’re thinking of meeting someone you met online in person for the first time, this is a great read.
1. Get to know them REALLY well
- University/College/High School
- Future aspirations
- Their intentions (if they want to get with you or just be friends)
- Full name and what country or city they are from
- Talk to then for MONTHS if you need to in order to feel like you really, truly know them.
- For further reassurance, introduce them to your friends so they can also talk and gauge their character.
- If the person seems nice and as if they are telling the truth, move to #2. If they are creepy, stop here.
- Don’t give out valuable personal info such as your home address.
2. Confirm their identity
This is where internet…
View original post 727 more words